AEM V2 5 Gallon Diesel Water/Methanol Injection Kit Internal Map
- 04 Hrs
- 29 Min
V2 5 Gallon Diesel Water/Methanol Injection Kit Internal Map
Water/methanol injection (WMI) systems reduce air inlet temps and enhance combustion efficiency on turbo Diesel applications, which allows an engine to deliver more power with less effort. Water/methanol injection also offers a host of benefits that promote engine longevity, including the reduction of carbon deposits left by a Diesel’s exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. AEM’s Water/Methanol Injection Systems for turbo Diesel trucks and SUVs utilize the most robust hardware combined with more advanced features than any other comparably priced water/methanol injection system.
AEM’s on-demand, Boost Dependent progressive controller for its PN 30-3301 Diesel Water/Methanol Injection kit has an on-board MAP sensor (up to 40 PSI) with a molded in nipple for a boost hose pickup to ensure the proper amount of water/methanol injection at all points along the engine’s power curve. AEM’s engineers spent extensive time developing the HD water/methanol controller’s flow control strategy for a more linear flow output delivery. This means that the flow delivery better matches an engine’s need for water/methanol injection, which further improves charge air cooling and reduces EGTs.
The new HD controller design features large, turn-resistant knobs and larger numbering to easily set accurate start and full activation points, with covered status LED and test buttons for added splash resistance. A plug is integrated into the HD controller housings for mating to the redesigned wiring harness’s positive-lock connector. The Boost Dependent HD controller housing has a molded-in, barbed nipple to accept a boost hose (up to 40 PSI) and a wiring legend on the back.
The wiring harnesses for AEM’s Water/Methanol Injection kits are terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end and have color-coded wires to ease installation. Both the power and ground wires for the pump are included in the harness which simplifies the wiring process and eliminates any chance of the pump accidentally activating from a short in the system. An additional wire is included for adding an optional on/off solenoid to stop fluid flow when the system is inactive.
AEM’s PN30-3301 Diesel Water/Meth system’s low-profile 5 gallon tank includes a high-tech conductive low fluid level indicator with a positive lock connector and color matched wires to the wiring harness, and baffles to reduce fluid slosh.
- Boost Dependent HD controller features large adjustment knobs, integrated plug for harness connection, integrated fuse, covered status light and test button for enhanced splash resistance and mounting tabs
- Wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end with color-coded wires to ease installation, integrated pump ground circuit and additional wire for optional on/off solenoid
- "Boost Safe" failsafe output included
- Heavy-duty high-pressure injection pump features integral fittings, a Santoprene diaphragm and EPDM seals to resist corrosion. Our pump’s quiet, smooth operation is almost undetectable
- Two precision-machined billet-aluminum injectors with integral check valves include multiple nozzles to cover a wide range of horsepower levels (500 cc/min & two 1,000cc/min)
- 5 gallon tank with anti-slosh technology and high tech conductive low-fluid sensor with positive lock connector (tank-less Boost Dependent HD Diesel water/methanol systems available, AEM Part #30-3303 includes Boost-Dependent controller design with on-board 40-PSI MAP sensor
- 20 feet of Nylon injection tubing included
- LED dash light for system status and low fluid warning
Important Safety Notice Regarding Methanol
AEM strongly recommends that users never exceed a 50% methanol concentration when using any AEM Water Methanol system or component.
All AEM Water/Methanol injection systems and components (pump, lines, fittings, filter, flow sensor, tank, and nozzles) are 100% chemically compatible with methanol. However, for safety reasons we strongly recommend that users never use more than a 50% methanol concentration in our systems.
Methanol is a toxic and highly flammable chemical. 100% Methanol ignites easily and burns vigorously with an almost undetectable flame. Methanol can be absorbed through the skin and even small amounts can cause blindness or even death. Using this fluid at high pressures, without dilution, in an under-hood environment with nylon lines and push-to-connect fittings is very unsafe. The performance advantages of using greater than 50% methanol concentrations are small, if they exist at all. However, the safety issues are very real and far outweigh any perceived benefit of running high concentrations of methanol.