Defi Blue Defi Advance BF Exhaust Temperature Gauge 60mm 1100C
Racedom is proud to supply the car enthusiast with a large selection of Defi Gauges and Defi Control Units. Defi Gauges have been the number one choice for aftermarket gauges that are utilized by those who participate in all varieties of motorsports that include drifting, drag racing, time attack, and circuit racing. They are known best for their quick operation, and both fit and finish. Choose the right gauge that will suit your application.
On this page, you are looking at the Defi Advance BF 60mm Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge. The exhaust gas temperatures can be used to see how other engine modifications can affect your exhaust gas temperatures under high-performance driving conditions. This gauge features high-brightness LEDs, a self-diagnostic function that monitors both sensor disconnection and short-circuiting during the startup sequence. And the face will perform a full 270° sweep upon startup. The heart of the operation of this gauge is a stepping motor that provides fast and smooth operation.
This gauge will come provided with the EGT sensor, the adapter bung, a gauge mounting cup, as well as all of the required hardware and wiring to make it ready for the installation. It will come in the white LED color option, and it will read up to 1100°C.
Note that the Defi-Link Advanced Control Unit is required when running any Defi Advanced Series Gauges. The Advanced Control Unit will allow for peak hold, warning, record, playback, as well as illumination and control features.
- Brand: Defi
- Gauge Backlight Color: Blue
- Gauge Face Color: Black
- Gauge Needle Color: Red
- Gauge Range: 200 - 1100 C
- Gauge Sending Unit: Electrical
- Gauge Size: 60mm
- Gauge Type: Exhaust Temperature
- Requires Control Unit: Yes
- Units: Metric
Features of this gauge include:
- Stepper motor offers an accurate and quick response to changing inputs
- Brightness can be controlled by 5 different levels for daytime and nighttime.
- Peak and warning values are stored for up to 3 minutes of replay data.
- Mounting bracket, meter cup, and regular position bezel are included with gauges.
New features of this gauge:
- Increased LED brightness, twice the lighting compared to previous versions
- Buzzer sounds when the Warning LED is on. ( this feature can be turned off)
- Separate Warning and Peak Indicators on the gauge face.
- The face does blackout when the gauge is turned off ( like the Defi-Link Meter BF).
- The self-diagnosis system turns the warning LED to indicate any short circuit, wire disconnection, or other errors.
All Advance BF Gauges require the use of the Defi Link Advance Link System. Only 1 system is required and can control up to 7 gauges. This will NOT work with the older Defi Link System that does not state Advanced.
Defi-Link Meter ADVANCE BF is gauge series that need to be connected to Defi-Link ADVANCE Control Unit.
ADVANCE BFs are electronic blacked out gauges which are high response and refined design. When the car is off they have a black face with no numbers on them. As soon as the car is turned on, the gauges light up and are in full effect.
- *Defi-Link ADVANCE Control Unit (sold separately) is necessary to operate BF gauges.
- *Defi-Link Meter ADVANCE BF is expressed as ADVANCE BF or BF gauges.
- Turbo/boost/in-mani, oil press, fuel press, oil temp, water temp, exhaust temp, and tachometer are available.
- USDM models (Imperial unit) and JDM models (SI unit) are available.
- Illumination color: JDM models are white, amber red, and blue (The illumination color cannot be changed). USDM models are amber red.
- Size: all kinds of 60mm gauges and 80mm tachometer
- One ADVANCE Control Unit operates up to 7 gauges or displays in total.
Main specifications, functions, and features
- ADVANCE System
- ADVANCE Control Unit necessary
- Commercial attachment necessary
- Stepping motor: STS26/VS2
- Illumination color: white/amber red/blue (in USDM models, only amber red is available)
- Illumination ON/OFF: interlocked with vehicle illumination switch
- LED illumination
- Indicator output
- Built-in indicators
- Driving data can be recorded & replayed
- Opening mode/Ending mode
- Size: 60mm/80mm tachometer
- The applicable number of cylinders: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8
- Mounting bracket attached
- *The illumination would be automatedly dimmed by connecting to ADVANCE ZD.
- An interactive communication advanced system is implemented.
- Gauges can be controlled from distance with the included switch unit.
- Flat glass and precise graduation scale give more needle accuracy and high visibility.
- Opening and closing modes can be selected from 2 variations.
- The installation of additional gauges is easy. Just connect it with the other two gauges and attach the wire to Advance Control Unit.
- The illumination color can be chosen from white, amber red, and blue.
*The illumination color cannot be changed.
- The light-emitting gauge always provides clear visibility with high contrast.(The brightness is 200% compared to existing models.)
- The needle pointer driven by the original stepping motor has a smooth instantaneous response to the rapid acceleration of high-performance vehicles.
- Brightness can be adjusted by selecting from five levels for daytime and nighttime separately.(nighttime dimming cancellation function is available.)
- The microcontroller calibrates up to a 270-degree angle in 3027 – 4600 segments (0.088°- 0.059°), and provides accurate vehicle information.
- The self-diagnosis system turns the warning LED on to indicate any wire disconnection, short circuit, and serial communication errors.
- Warning by buzzer sound when the warning LED is on (buzzer sound can be turned on / off).
- Peak value and warning value during driving are stored. Driving data can be stored and replayed up to 3 minutes.
- A mounting bracket, meter cup, regular position bezel are provided with this product.
- With both fuel pressure gauge and turbo installed, differential pressure can be monitored on the fuel pressure gauge screen.
|Gauge size||60mm||2 3/8″|
|G||77.6 to 79.1*||3.05 to 3.1*|
*When Regular Position Bezel is attached
Regular Position Bezel is not included in the package of ADVANCE BF.
|Supplied from Defi-Link ADVANCE Control Unit|
|Current consumption||Maximum during 7 gauges are connected
+B 2A(IGN ON), 5mA(IGN OFF)
|Illumination color||White, amber red, and blue
The illumination color cannot be changed.
Warning LED: red
Peak LED: blue
|Display range||Refer to each gauge page.|
|Applicable number of cylinders||1,2,3,4,5,6,8|
*Products is for only on vehicles with a 12V electrical system. Never use products on 24V vehicles.
ADVANCE BF Lineup
ADVANCE BF is available in Imperial units(PSI, deg F) and SI units(kPa, deg C).
White, red, and blue illumination colors are available in SI units. The illumination color cannot be switched. Only red is available in USDM series.
Pictures may differ from the real products by processes and photography conditions, etc.
The gauge diameter is 2 3/8in (60mm). 3 1/8in (80mm) tachometer is also available.
color: amber red
color: white/amber red/blue
|Intake manifold press||PSI, inHg||N/A||kPa||A|
|Oil temp||deg F||A||deg C||A|
|Water temp||deg F||A||deg C||A|
|Exhaust Temp||deg F||A||deg C||A|
|A: AVAILABLE||N/A: NOT AVAILABLE|
ADVANCE System connection
The Defi-Link ADVANCE system allows gauges and displays to be attached to the ADVANCE control unit with a single “DAISY CHAIN” wiring system.
ADVANCE gauges, displays, and Control Unit are equipped with microcomputers. Distant gauges and displays can be operated at hand.
The system is also designed to allow all sensors to be attached to the ADVANCE control unit, so that gauges and displays can be mounted separately without the need for multiple tubing or wiring to each gauge.
- *ADVANCE System (from 2009) and Defi-Link System (from 1998) are not compatible. Control unit and sensor wires for Defi-Link System cannot be used for ADVANCE System except some common sensors and extension wires.
- *To operate ADVANCE gauges and displays, ADVANCE Control Unit is necessary.
- ※One Control Unit can control up to 7 ADVANCE gauges & displays in all. (except DSDF)
- ※All the gauges(&displays) can be connected to both Meter Output connectors.
- ※Different color gauges can be connected.
- ※The same variety of gauges cannot be connected. (Ex. Two turbo gauges cannot be connected.)
- ※More than 2 Displays(ZDs) can be connected.
- ※Gauges(& displays) can be connected in any order.
- ※Smart Adapter and DSDF need to be connected to the end of the meter line because they have only one connector for meter wire.