Racedom Mazda RX8 AEM Ignition Kit
The RX-8 upgrade ignition kit refers to all RX-8 models. This kit will replace the existing ignition coils with High Output IGBT Inductive Smart Coil. To optimize the performance all parts have been carefully selected by our team. Curved heat resistant boots, thick spark plug wire, high power ignition coils and durable harness are the parts. The kit is accompanied with special harness for the coil connection.The AEM High Output IGBT Inductive Smart Coil deliver up to 103mJ of spark energy and a minimum of 40,000 Volts.
- 07 Hrs
- 32 Min
High Output IGBT Inductive -Smart- Coil
Auto enthusiasts who have forced induction engines, high RPM engines or run nitrous oxide are aware of the compromises that come with using inductive coils instead of converting to a Capacitive Discharge Ignition system (CDI). While inductive coils deliver a long spark duration with simplicity, they lack the energy to adequately ignite the mixture in the combustion chamber of a highly modified performance vehicle. Conversely, CDIs deliver an intense burst of spark energy, but with practically no spark duration, which makes having the proper air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber paramount for best performance. This compromise ends with AEM's High-Output IGBT "Smart" Inductive Coils; The first inductive coils that deliver CDI-like spark energy and voltage, and the long spark duration necessary for forced induction- and nitrous-equipped vehicles.
AEM's High-Output, Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) "Smart" Inductive Coils are designed for use on applications that do not have an external igniter.
WHAT IT DOES
AEM's High-Output IGBT "Smart" Inductive Coils each deliver up to 103mJ of spark energy and a minimum of 40,000 Volts—as much as most CDI systems but without the need for a CDI module! These coils provide very long spark duration at full energy, unlike CDI systems and multiple spark systems which fire off small spark events prior to and after its CDI burst to mimic longer spark duration. The full energy delivery and long duration of AEM's High-Output IGBT "Smart" Inductive Coils eliminate the need to compromise energy or duration with your ignition system, and will increase performance in high-boost or high compression engines.
WHY YOU WANT ONE
AEM's High-Output IGBT "Smart" Inductive Coils deliver CDI-like spark energy with the long duration of an inductive coil. They install easily in place of your exiting coils and do not require a CDI module. AEM's High-Output IGBT "Smart" Inductive Coils have a shock and weatherproof design that allows them to be mounted virtually anywhere. And at a cost less than what you would pay for aftermarket LS1 coils—they deliver World-Class performance at a bargain. AEM's High-Output Coils are used on 2,000-horsepower nitrous motors without a CDI, and they perform flawlessly.
- Deliver CDI-like spark energy—No CDI Module needed!
- Cost less than aftermarket LS1 coils
- Can be mounted almost anywhere
- Massive Spark Energy, up to 103 mJ!
- Incredibly long spark duration, up to 2.9mS!
- Up to 40kV Output Voltage, without using a CDI!
- Weather and Shockproof design
- Can be mounted directly to the Engine
- Output (no load): 40kV minimum
- Output (50pF load): 40kV +/- 10%
- Output Energy: 103 mJ +/- 7%
- Peak Secondary Current: 102 mA +/- 10%
- Arc Duration: 2.9mS +/- 10%
- Turns Ratio 71:1
- Maximum Current: 19 Amps
- Maximum Battery Voltage: 17 Volts
- Base Dwell: 3.0 mS
- Max Continuous Dwell: 9 mS but don't exceed 40% duty cycle
- Max Intermittent Dwell: 80% duty cycle, 5 seconds maximum
- Mating Connector: Packard/Delphi 12162825 "Pull to Seat"
- Mating Contacts: Packard/Delphi 12124075 "Pull to Seat"
- High Tension Wire Terminal: HEI "spark plug top" Style
TECH TIPS – WHICH COIL IS RIGHT FOR ME
- AEM High Output IGBT Coil with Built in Ignitor (Smart Coil) – For applications without an external ignitor. Can also be used to completely replace factory coils and an external ignitor.
- AEM High Output Inductive Coil (Dumb Coil) (AEM P/N 30-2852) – For applications which have an external ignitor or an ECU with one built in to it.
- AEM Pencil Coils (AEM P/N 30-2850 & 30-2851)- Replace factory coils in applications which have an external ignitor or CDI ignition system. Can also be used in conjunction with an AEM Engine Position Module, 4-Channel Ignitor>, AEM Twin Fire Ignition System, and Standalone Engine Management System to replace a distributed setup.
A: Coil Trigger (0-5V signal)
B: Coil Trigger (Ref Ground)
C: Ground to Cylinder Head
D: Battery Ground
E: Battery Positive (Relay or switched ignition)
HIGH OUTPUT INDUCTIVE "SMART" COIL
DIMENSIONS AND WIRING
Mini Stripper Crimper8.5mm Super Conductor Wire
This special tool is an inexpensive way to make a set of custom plug wires. It provides a "die"to strip either 8mm Heli-Core or 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire, then can be used in a vise to provide a solid terminal crimp to the wire. Designed to be used in a vise and with a single-edge razor blade to strip spark plug wires without damaging the core and to crimp a terminal.
Super ConductorThe MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire is "the" performance wire.Engineered from the inside out, the 8.5 offers everything you have everwanted in a wire; incredibly low resistance without electronic interference!
The conductor is wound extremely tight around a special center core. So tight in fact, that there is over 40 feet of conductor wrapped into a single foot of plug wire. This winding procedure, combined with a ferro-magnetic impregnated center core, produces an extremely effective Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) "choke". This choke, or suppression capability, keeps the EMI inside the wire where it cannot interfere with other electronics on your vehicle. The outer sleeve that surrounds the conductor assembly is just as impressive. A proprietary blend of silicone and synthetic material produce a sleeve that is highly resistant to high heat as well as abrasion and tears. The MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Plug Wire is available in Universal Kits and Bulk Lengths.